“The Learning Community (TLC)”
Through community, create real life opportunities for adults and children to learn about themselves, others and the environment .
The education of a human being should begin at birth and continue throughout life. – The Mother –
Integral Education in TLC
“Auroville wants to be a universal town where men and women of all countries are able to live in peace and progressive harmony above all creeds, all politics and all nationalities. The purpose of Auroville is to realize human unity.”
To realize the vision of Auroville, TLC aims to implement a living and growing research into Integral Education as envisioned by Sri Aurobindo and The Mother. TLC is constantly evolving, and each passing year points us in the direction of deepening for the coming year. Sri Aurobindo’s three principles guide us in this process, and the children show us the way.
TLC strives to build a community where children and adults can grow more conscious of themselves, each other and the environment, by learning and working together. We implement ways to practice the concept of Integral Education where each part of the being is helped to grow into its full potential and the psychic being becomes the leader of one’s life and growth through an unending education.
- ME – Self-knowledge
2. US – Relationship with others
3. WORLD – Global Consciousness
Me, the Other & the Environment
for all ages
I take care of myself and listen to my dreams and needs. I work on myself to become free to be guided by my inner truth.
I am open to listening and hearing others and working together. I am committed to investing part of my time in collective work and service.
Learning to live together
I respect the environment around me and I live and act in a sustainable way. I contribute through a lifestyle where less is more.
Human Unity and Sustainable development
Articles about The Learning Community
- Summerhill festival of childhoodBy Chandni, Lea, Maisie, Mohini and Maya In TLC the children are part of deciding what they want to learn and how they want to learn. With individualised programmes in a community,a lot of work goes into finding ways to make it work between all the different individual needs in balance with the needs ofContinue reading “Summerhill festival of childhood”
- Destination Summerhill ProjectWe are kids from an alternative school called TLC (The Learning Community).The educational method we follow is called Integral Education and was created by Sri Aurobindo, an Indian philosopher.We want to go to Summerhill school, in the UK, to attend a festival of childhood that they organize to celebrate the 100 years since this democraticContinue reading “Destination Summerhill Project”
- Recipe for: Jap ChaeMake by chef: June, Goni, Ela, Btoo, Seetha, Mira Ingredients: Carrots, mushrooms, onions, noodles, capsicum, green onions, garlic, spinach and sesame. Directions: Fry all the vegetables separately carrots, onions, capsicum, green onions and mushrooms. Put noodles in the water and cook them for 10 minutes. Boil the spinach add sesame oil, salt and chopped garlic.Continue reading “Recipe for: Jap Chae”